Tuesday, January 27, 2015

~ taking stock : January ~




Making : a big mess as we move furniture around and rearrange the office (and 2 of the kids rooms)
Cooking : I've hardly cooked all holidays - have big plans to trial a new recipe each week from now though
Drinking : san pellegrino mineral water and mint and lavender tea (and too much wine all month)
Reading: lots of YA fiction (trying to keep up with my daughters).  I've just finished The Protected (Claire Zorn) which was great. I loved We Are All Completely Besides Ourselves (Karen Fowler)
Wanting: more storage space in the office
Looking: for a square table for our dining table - we've outgrown ours
Playing: words with friends and lots of cricket
Deciding: whether to fish out my patchwork (and hopefully finish it this year!)
Enjoying: the school holidays (mostly)
Waiting: for a letter from os (impatiently)
Liking: summer fruits
Wondering: how my big girl is going to go on her first day at high school this week
Loving: the apricots I bought by the roadside today
Pondering: a dry February
Considering: starting a little online shop to sell some cards/photos
Watching: the tennis on tv (when the cricket or soccer aren't on)
Hoping: for a few more beach days this summer
Marvelling: at how much sand we brought back with us - its everywhere
Needing: to get back to some pilates/yoga classes
Smelling: the yummy hair mousse stuff in my hair
Wearing: warm clothes - it's chilly tonight
Following: lots of pretty streams on IG
Noticing: how well behaved my children were today
Knowing: that life is good
Thinking: I need to get out weeding in the garden
Admiring: all the growth on our tomato plants
Sorting: out washing from our holiday (still)
Buying: school books
Getting: organised for the new school year - naming uniforms and covering books
Bookmarking: soup recipes for winter (I love soup)
Disliking: so many of the things our government are doing
Opening: mail from friends - its one of the things I miss most when I'm on holidays
Giggling: at the answer Jack gave to the question in our 365 questions book today - "why are you a good friend?"  "because I'm good.  I'm good at being good.  I'm good at being sensible"
Feeling: happy to be home after 3 weeks at the shack
Snacking: on almonds and cherries and apricots
Coveting: a sewing machine
Wishing: I was more organised
Helping: Grace clean out her room (its a big task)
Hearing: my husband patiently answering the million and one questions Jack has when he watches anything new on tv (soccer tonight - "why is he running there?"  "what happened?"  "what was that whistle for?" " why don't they kick to him?" "what if his shoulder touches it?" "what are green cards?" "why did he do that?")


Thanks Pip for the list and your endlessly interesting blog


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited your thinking of selling your gorgeous photos!! A lovely list... enjoy the last few days of holidays xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved we are all completely beside ourselves too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day