Sunday, January 5, 2014

~ stills from the shack ~




Technology and I are not friends tonight
I've sat here for ages trying to write a stills post on my ipad (with an admittedly dodgy hotspot connection).
Its not working
I can only add one photo and then once I've done that I can't write/edit any text or make any changes.
I'm not sure if its me, the ipad or the hotspot.
But I'm ready for my bed and some more chapters of my book.

We're on our summer holidays but summer hasn't really come to the party yet.
Its blustery and chilly, there are frequent rainy showers. the water is icy .. its not how I pictured my beach holiday at all.

And yet - the children are not letting my expectations get in the way of us having fun.  
Beach cricket and soccer.  Kite flying.  Sand castle building. Kayaking and boogie boarding.  Reading, coffee-ing, jig-sawing.

I'm enjoying it despite myself
There's a lesson in that


8 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope the weather clears for you and the sun shines its rays down on you soon! Loving that photo, so I can only imagine what the rest are going to look like! Happy Holiday Ally :)

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if it's any consolation the photo you did get up is a beauty :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this photo! And I agree with Jo, it is a beauty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet photo - love it! Your beach holiday sounds like the ones we are used to here in Sweden. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo that you posted. The Internet can be a godsend if you have it and a nightmare if you don't. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. we've been having a strangely cold patch too - hope you get some sunshine soon :)

    & love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope things warm up for you on your holiday. Children never seem to feel the cold do they and always have the best time, I do love their look on life. Love the photo of everyone huddled together. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day