Sunday, September 22, 2013

~ snippets from a rainy week in spring ~




















1.  I squeezed in a trip to Ikea when I was in Perth (I really wish they would build one here) - these gorgeous rainbow cushion covers made it into the shopping bag along with some more of those lacy pot plant holders.  The girls are trying to stake a claim on the cushions but I'm holding firm at this stage.  I'm liking the extra colour - and the cosiness of the linen doona cover.

2.  More rainbows.  Rainy day painting fun.

3.  These are springing up everywhere in the garden - they're perfect for little hands to pick.

4.  Its been raining A LOT - the size of the laundry pile does not bear thinking about.

5 and 6.  Chasing rain droplets in the garden.  I really should try the tripod for these shots...but then again I'm lucky to even get the macro lens out let alone try and work out how to move all those tripod legs that go every which way but where I think they should go.

7.  A birthday protea and some more gorgeous instagram prints.  I have way too much stationery stacked up in the cupboards but I couldn't resist these.  They're from here and the quality is lovely.


We heading into big week this week.  Its the last week of term 3 (hooray for holidays) and the children's school (and my old school) is turning 60... lots of celebrations planned all week.  And then grand final day - this year for the first time ever our team is playing - we'll be wearing purple and cheering loudly (and the Doc is lucky enough to be going... I'm super jealous!)

What's your week looking like?
I'm linking with lovely Em at the beetleshack.

 



14 comments:

  1. Ally I just wanna jump on that bed! That's my kinda bed! Gotta love Ikea. We're welcoming the start of our holidays here in Sydney... I'm so excited that I might just dedicate our first day off on Tuesday by wearing pyjamas all day... But then again we have such gorgeous sunshine that it would be a shame to waste it :) Here's hoping some of our sunshine comes your way...

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the bright colours! Oh, how I miss the rain. We may have early season tomatoes, but I'd love a good downpour! Oh, well - that's desert living for ya :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colourful photos this week, and I just love the water droplet shots- nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those rainbow cushions are pretty I can understand why your girls would like to have them:) And your water droplets are really beautiful I must get my macro lens out too it's been a while. Have a great week sounds like it will be a fun one:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such happy, bright and fresh photos. I think I spied your origrami's over on ig, they look gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Every single one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous rainbow dots and paint and forget me nots just wonderfully sublime!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought the ikea linen doona set when I was in Melbourne last and absolutely love it. I'd like to get another and dye it.
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your lovely blog through The Beetle Shack - so glad I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the spotty doona for Sofia a few months ago when Ikea started their trial delivery to Tasmania. It looks like they are now offering the service permanently - not quite as good as having a local one, but better than nothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your bed!! The painting shot is lovely too and I am very envious of your forget-me-knots... am crossing my fingers mine start showing some pretty blue pops of colour soon. Yay for The Dockers making the Grand Final... I honestly don't mind about the result, I'm just happy they've made it to this point :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ally! That peg shot is sublime, though the laundry pile not so much! Ikea soft furnishings are fun - we have the rainbow pillow too, and a mess of other ones but not the spots- yet. We are so close to an Ikea we went twice on Sunday - if you ever want anything I'm happy to send it too you. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay hooray for holidays (as a teacher and a mum!) I love the first pic - so inviting.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day